Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 6- Variations


Craft: The assignment was to use value, hue, and saturation. The top left image is hue, the top right is value, and the bottom left is saturation. For hue, I changed the background to a single color after desaturating it, and made the orbs multi-colored. Rhonda has been played with over all three color changing variations and is now multi-colored too. for value, I chose a single color scheme, and made the background completely desaturated. I increased light measures on the orbs and Rhonda to give them more of a glow. The positions of the balls have remained the same throughout because I have changed it many times during the project, and this is the position that I felt gave it the most balance. The guitar hero body has been manipulated to a point where it no longer screams "Guitar Hero" to someone who is unfamiliar with the origins of this project. This is also true with the orbs, which started out as paper lanterns but now look like glowy balls. 

Concept: My concept is now Gamer. The person is trying to avoid glowing orbs. She clearly is focused on achieving her task! The orbs are floating and Rhonda is rapidly being moved toward them. It's most comparable to a game of snake, you have to redirect her position to keep her alive in the game. I think that it looks like something I would want to go over and pick up controls for. 

Composition: The ground is supposed to feel like it is moving Rhonda forward, and she is being forced into the orbs. The photo that stands alone below, an extra edit that I compiled this week, combines the qualities that work best from the other three photos. It is probably the most balanced. I guess I'll tell you about what was unbalanced. In the top left pic, the multiple orb colors are really cool, but it takes the attention too much away from Rhonda, who is the subject in this game. The top right pic makes the moving ground too unimportant without color. and the bottom left pic, though the balls look cool are too messy for their purpose and Rhonda looks less like she is in a virtual reality. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment