Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Week 4- Collage

"Dodgeball"

Craft: I used my own photos taken with my GE 12.2 MP camera, and photoshop. I used a few filters including extrude on the background, perspective on the balls, and on Rhonda. I also lightened Rhonda up with contrast and hue options, as well as brightening the balls which were originally a cream color. 

Concept: I wanted to capture the idea that the entire context of Rhonda's environment was in motion. She is focusing on getting herself to a destination as the ground and the air move against her. I titled it "Dodgeball" because it appears Rhonda is dodging the lantern balls as they fly at her. Her position infers that she is heading forward despite this force against her.

Composition: The balls are all in the same space, hence they are the same size, and they are coming toward Rhonda. The guitar hero body she's on is also moveing below her, She is at the top of the picture to show her dominance over the situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment