Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week 9- Misfit Toy First Draft

Craft: I used the text (i'll look up what the text is called), select/eliptical tool, the lasso, & the eraser tools to cut out the toy and arm,  and make the words. The arm has been had it's saturation hue and value varied to brighten it to fit the picture a little better. I used the image of the chest and phallic from here: http://patelladengkul.student.umm.ac.id/2010/02/09/hello-world/ 

Concept: Lots-O-Touchin' Beaver! You can touch it anywhere! (more connotations than a bear, and it's kind of an androgynous being). 

Composition: I fused the body parts over the toy to make it seem drawn on. I took off the tag of the toy's head and gave him a little "skin graft". I placed the hand reaching inappropriately at the crotch to more than suggest the toy's purpose and I put bright text above the toy's head. I would like to make a more 3-D crotch and possibly boobs for next week and actually have an image of a child instead of the creepy hand.




inspiration: http://www.forbrideandbaby.com/baby-toddler/soft-cuddly-stuffed-animal-gifts/







No comments:

Post a Comment