Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 10- Box

Made a box for my misfit toy! pshyeah!
        
How'd I do that? (Craft)
I used several layers to make the box. First, a rectangle using the eliptical tool. Then, another rectangle the same way and before clicking out of it I pressed delete to make a hole in the first rectangle. Then I made the top and side view of the box by making more rectangle shapes, and then used transform > distort to make them the correct angles. I then Made yet another rectangle to use as the background of the box. then I made a rectangle and applied a gradient effect to it to make the plastic on the box. I used the circle eliptical tool to put a hole through the plastic layer. To get the part of the box that slightly overlaps, I used the lasso tool to draw a connecting shape. To make the phallic shaped cutout, I used the round eliptical tool on the front rectangle layer. That's all folks!

Why'd I want it to look like this? (Composition)
Box: I decided to make the box red because it is a very bright primary color, and it has the potential to appeal both girls and boys, though my main target is little boys. The only other color present is yellow, also a primary color. Both of these colors coordinate with the toy's actual colors as well. I put a child in the corner of the box grabbing at the penis, and a big finger on the opposite side pointing to the penis for your child to try touching the penis. In the upper left below the name of the toy, it says the phrase "you can touch me everywhere!". This is the catch phrase and the attraction of the toy. Most of the fonts used are very easy to read for toddlers just learning those skills. In the upper right corner below the company name, it says "step 2" so that parents know what age is appropriate for this toy. 

what's the point?(Concept)
I want you to buy 
Lots-O-Touchin' Beaver! "You can touch me EVERYWHERE!"


No comments:

Post a Comment